Monday, November 23, 2015

Earning while loving how you do it

Are these three quotes true?my paintings

  • “The only way to do great work is to love what you do”.
  • “Follow your bliss and the universe will open doors for you”.
  • Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.
I can only speak for myself and my reply is YES. After I turned fifty I thought, now is the time to follow the advice I heard from many others. I’m also a practical person so while I was exploring where my passion lay, I also needed to be realistic.
I had to spend some time on jobs that did not really have my passion, but they paid my bills. There were two skills I wanted to explore.
One was more to do with creating visual story telling paintings or graphics from my computer and the other was telling stories with words. Was I considered qualified? No.
I love drawing and gave drawing classes but writing was more of a hurdle. Not only did I want to write in English, I’m also dyslexic. Nevertheless what I wanted to do for the rest of my life was to write books and earn by being creative.
While I wrote my first novel (took me five years) I ran a B & B. That was an easy job. I earned enough money to pay for my upkeep and this job gave me a lot of time to myself for writing and for playing with PhotoShop and learning how to create my own website.
 I kept a vision board during the first five years and made sure my thoughts were supporting my visions. Years later I found a publisher for my first novel, who became my husband. I learned a great deal about the publishing world and took over the book cover designing job.
I kept writing and published four more novels and added one more hobby to my list, gardening. Today I still do what I love every day, so I cannot call it work. It’s true that you really can do work that pays the bills and feeds your soul. Due to the decline in the book world I needed to explore a way to earn from my graphic designs and I found it. This link will take you to my other blog through which I promote my art and design work. just kidding N zazzle banner
Thanks for reading my post.
Nadine